Pages

Saturday, 21 February 2015

Designs (sketches)


 Some sketches I did for a couple of outfits. It took a few tries, I won't pretend I'm a spectacular artist but I quite like what I've managed to come up with. The top-left outfit features 60s style flared jeans and a "dripping paint" design on the top. I'm not sure about the colours yet but I was thinking rainbow colours. I got the idea from my friend Sophia, who has a picture she made by blasting crayons with a hairdryer on a canvas. It looks amazing. Anyway, that's the idea for this one.
 The top-right has a cropped top with a triangular design that reminds me a little of Aztec patterns and I would have those patterns in bright reds oranges and yellows on a black top and the skirt maybe a pale pink - Aztec sunset. 

I have found that the trick to designing, at this stage, is to have many concepts whirling around in your mind, maybe just colour schemes or vague shape or style, and fit a few together, creating an image in your mind before you start to draw. Also I find that it helps to give your design a purpose - casual dress, evening meal, summer, winter - just so that you have a sense of direction with your ideas. For example - office suit. You begin to think "boring" and "dull, grey" but then you think "classic" and you can explore tones within a monochromatic spectrum - charcoal, smokey, cloudy. You can break the rules of a style whilst sticking to the necessary functions of the purpose you have given your design. 

This post was written by Elli xx


No comments:

Post a Comment